The pressure from the world gets to you…. I mean it gets to me. Life can be overwhelming at times and the stress is there creeping up on you. So, with all the hectic things that are going on in our life, we need to be able to relax and unwind. Unplug from the noise that is in our everyday life, a time to reflect about our day or about our self.
The benefits of unwinding and relaxing bring a positive outcome to your life. It counteracts the harmful effects of stress and it is a powerful tool to increase physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
Here are the things that helped me to unplug when life takes a turn.
- Exercise- It is one of the undermine activity to relax. The benefits of doing a physical activity release chemicals called “endorphins.” These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain. It also triggers a positive feeling in the body. That euphoric feeling is accompanied by a positive and energizing outlook in life. It has proven that it reduce stress, ward of anxiety and feelings of depression, boot self-esteem, and improve sleep.
- Adult Coloring Books- These have become a popular activity and you can see them being sold all over the internet and stores. The reason of why they are a great tool to unwind is because it brings a therapeutic potential to reduce anxiety and it creates focus and brings more mindfulness. It allows us to switch off our brains from other thoughts and focus only on the moment, which helps alleviate anxiety.
- Books- Reading is a wonderful and a healthy escape from the noise from our everyday life. By simply opening a book it allow yourself to be invited into a literary world that distracts you from your daily stressors. It helps to relax your body by lowering your heart rate and easing the tension in your muscles.
- Music It can have a profound effect on the body and emotions. It has the ability to shift your mood, which is affecting our subconscious mind where pesky negative thoughts that feed on our fears. Listening to music heightens positive emotion in our brain, which stimulated dopamine that can make us feel good or even elated.
- Creativity- From writing to painting, etc. Being creativity is a great to relieve stress and it can cause a distraction from the actual stressors. Getting lost in a creative process helps you be in a state of mind. It helps you live a more balanced life. Taking the time and scheduling it in your day for any creativity activity helps your mind get to that meditative state. 1 hour a day keeps the doctor away.
“If you want to invest in something with minimum risk and a guaranteed big return, invest in yourself.”